Mom at your son’s track meet. Dad at your daughter’s soccer game. Gym rat looking to get outside on gorgeous days. Athlete in between classes and jobs. This workout is for each of YOU! Busy schedules, time constraints, and specific locations are the constantly changing variables involved in your workouts. For all those bleacher creatures, bench riders, and pop up chair cheerleaders, there is no excuse left to stop you from getting a sweat session in!
Equipment: Bleachers, Bench, Stairs, or other safe elevated surface.
Sets X Repetitions: 2X15
Burn More Calories: Walk, jog or run 1 lap (2-3 mins.) in between each set! Add an extra set!
*Working out on bleachers requires an increased level of fitness and balance. If you suffer from vertigo or have other balance issues, do not attempt to work out on steps.
Bleacher Creature Workout:
1. Uneven Squats- quads, hip flexors, glutes
2. Step Ups w/ Sprinter Start- quads, core,
3. High Knee Quick Feet- cardio, quads, agility
4. Alternating Side Plank w/ Push Up- core, chest, shoulder stability
5. Climbing Squat Jumps- cardio, quads, glutes
6. Squat Jumps- glutes, quads, hamstings
7. Elevated Lunge w/ Sprinter Start- quads, hip flexor, glutes
8. Elevated Push Ups w/ Variations- chest, core, triceps
1. Uneven Squats: One foot on a bleacher or bench so that it is elevated higher then the other. Push your hips back and squat like you are about to sit in a chair.
2. Step Ups with Sprinter Start (on bottom step) -Video Below: Step up with one leg, as soon as that leg is fully extended on the step, follow by driving the other knee straight up into a march position, lower that leg down and repeat on the same leg.
3. High Knee Quick Feet -Video Below: Alternating between right and left feet tapping them quickly and lightly onto the bench.
4. Alternating Side Plank w/ Push Up: Complete your push up and rotate your body weight onto one hand until you are in a side plank position. Return to the push up position and complete the other side.
5. Climbing Squat Jumps onto the bleachers: (all the way up and down) Squat down and jump on the first bleacher, then the second, third and so forth.
6. Squat Jumps (on and off of bottom bleacher)-Video Below: Squat onto and off of the bleacher landing with soft knees, abs tight, hips back like you are going to sit in a chair.
7. Elevated Lunge + Sprinter Start- Video Below: Lunge as pictured below and left the back knee up and drive that knee forward into a marching position. *be careful with your balance! notice in the video it takes me a second to get centered. Also, watch your dismount OFF the bleachers!
8. Elevated Push ups + Single Leg + Single Leg bend and extend-Video Below: 3 levels of difficulty include:
1. basic push ups- bend your elbows until they are at 90 degree angles, squeeze your armpits as you straighten your arms and press up into a straight arm position.
2. push ups with one leg off the group
3. push ups bending your knee while you lower down and extend your leg when you push up.
Cartwheels and Handstands: My version of a fun workout intermission, ending, or just because! (Do not attempt if you are not trained. Can result in injury.)
This workout makes the best use of your time and resources all while hitting major, calorie burning body parts! Focus on your form, take your time completing each set properly and have FUN! get creative with your locations, keep gym clothes in your car and don’t hesitate to get a great sweat session in!
Play Hard Get Dirty, Play Hard Get Fit!!
Questions or feedback: feel free to comment below or message me on the links on the top of the page by email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!